Thursday, April 26, 2012

Lines

"This book is shocking, in a way.  Conceptually it introduces a new idea by highlighting the obvious ... 
It is shocking to open a book to find an interesting unfamiliar idea -- and then have it applied to ALL THINGS."  (Sophie)

"Tim thinks line can change the world." (Jennifer S)

Reading Lines will inevitably affect my sight until the book is out to rest.  I am sitting in this room, seeing all the lines I never saw before.  Of course I have seen them all before, many times, but it isn't until now that they come into focus and have new purpose.  I am trying to imagine how Tim Ingold must feel.  In a way, lines must be a disease for him; a plague which he cannot escape.
(Note: If I had to have any plague, I would most definitely choose the line plague, so I sympathize with Ingold)

I don't think this book is proving any kind of argument, but rather offering a showcase for all the lines which are overlooked or generally unknown.  (Anna)

No comments:

Post a Comment